Sunday, February 10, 2013

collarb-ones.

You know that feeling that it's too good to be true? I had that recently. After my tests, I had the free time to eat lunch with some friends, read a book, and not do homework for 3 days straight. I was caught up. A whole weekend not doing anything school related? Too good to be true. It was going to be the best weekend ever. I had plans to go on an adventure. Alas, I did go on one, but it had quite the plot twist in between.

When I get to my boyfriend's place, his little brother from his "home" town two hours away is there, for the weekend. He's alright, but that means spending the weekend entertaining him. So, once his other brother picks up his girlfriend, we can leave. We were going to go to the zoo, but it was misting and rainy, so we didn't. It was all going well. Then I drove to this fantastic burger place, and we all ate. Except now my mind has drifted, because mother nature gifted me her wondrous gifts 10 days early, and I was a little more than surprised. So the whole time, I'm just praying to every higher power that I can make it.

After an awkward trip to Wal-mart, mainly because this woman is straight up bawling in the middle of the women's care products/deodorant aisle, because something of hers was stolen, I start to feel better. We hang out, and watch tv for a while, and while I'm online stalking his brother's girlfriend (which was totally easy, since her twitter and tumblr are her name.), my brother texts me that my dad has been in a car wreck. I was worried, but I have mixed feelings about him, so I called my stepmom to ask if everything's okay. I don't ever talk with her, and I don't quite understand her accent, but I hear my little sisters' name. That's when my heart sank. I zoned out on the rest after that, but did manage to hear that my baby brother is okay.

After wasting gas driving on the highway and back, because my dad was being sketchy, frustrating, etc. I hear that my sisters are in the children's hospital. I had to drive my boyfriend's brothers and this girl everywhere, since my car holds more than three, and so forth. So I get convinced that everything will be okay and to enjoy this movie.

Okay side note: Identity Thief is not a good movie. It had some funny parts, and the whole theater was cracking their shit up, but I didn't see the appeal. The preview made it look hilarious, but that was about it. I was disappointed, but that could also be the fact I had other things on my mind.

So, I stay the night, and I am prepared to leave and drive back home, which is 30-45 minutes away, even if it is raining. I was so frustrated that when we were alone, I just sat and cried for an hour. Let it be known, I don't cry on the regular, and the last time I did was when I got a GLOB of freaking shampoo in my eye. That was so painful, I thought I was going to be straight up blind afterwards. Anyways, I wasn't crying because I had wasted gas, or that I was tired, or because I felt like my uterus was committing suicide, or that my sister's were hit. It was because my dad frustrates the living hell out of me. I can't get over the fact that he makes everything so difficult. I wish I knew what was going on in his head. It completely ruined my day, and I felt bad, because I know he had this great relaxing-no-homework-weekend-extravaganza planned, since this week, I work extra, because of the "holiday" coming up, and I have test and shit next week.

After like 3 hours of sleep, I get a phone call, and as expected as I'm about to leave, I get notified that I can stay. Also he calls me to drive 30-45 min to get my brother, who is 16 and well and able, to buy them food. Excuse me. He can buy his own food. This is not an emergency, I do not need to be there. Waste of my time. Then he slips out that my 6 year old sister has ribs that are fractured and slightly crushing her lungs, and my other sister has a broken shoulder blade. Fantastic. I was up all night being dramatic and imagining myself at their funeral. I wanted to go and see them so badly, but oh guess what I don't know what hospital they are at because no one will freaking tell me.

This is why I live life independently, and depend on only myself.

So we take my car to take his brother back home, and the most interesting two hour ride ensues. Thankfully, I didn't have to pay to fill up my tank, and I was eternally grateful to find someone, who after everything that's happened thus far, has not told me I'm absolutely nuts, and left. He keeps me stable, and does whatever to make me happy. But anyways.

Later, my brother texts me and tells me that my sister's collarbone, not shoulder blade is broken. This made me mad, because that is more common, and I wouldn't have been so worried, also because is it so hard to tell the truth these days? This is why I have trust issues people, because the people I'm supposed to trust the most are the people I trust the least.

So tomorrow, I will embark on another adventure, where I will be hospital calling/hopping. I really feel for my sisters, because now they have to be treated like babies again, and because they are in pain. I just want to see them, and just tell them that everything will be okay, because I know that they look up to me and what not.

Another thing, I want to see the face of the drunk ass driver who did this. I see no point in holding a grudge, but I want to know. I want to see the person who put two little girls in a hospital, who was stupid enough to get shit faced at 6 pm. I just want to know, so that I can have peace with myself. Maybe he has a rough life, so he was drinking. I don't know, and I can't judge that. But I remember why I hate drunk drivers, and get so upset when my friends do it. I can't even explain what I felt when I found out it was a drunk driver. He is currently in jail, and I need to do some online searching so I can see that mugshot.

Never in my life have I had the "pleasure" of feeling sad/worried/upset/furiated/loved/hungry/in pain at the same time. Let me tell you folks, it's not even close to a rollercoaster. It's the equivalent of when those kids at Taco Bell take their cup and put all the sodas/juices/teas/etc. in their cup and drink it. A feel of disgust from the watcher, and a slight happiness from the drinker, until the after taste sets in. I really didn't know how else to compare that.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment