Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And so the book fell in love with the reader.




Can you imagine if there was a book that in the end, the main character fell in love with the reader?
It's just a thought I had (I'm not the only person with the thought but I was thinking about it today). There could be two completely stories made, one for a male, and the other female. The whole book would progress, and like every other good book, the reader will start to fall in love with the character, something sad or tragic will happen, and the feels will start to expose themselves. I just think it would be something awesome, for a few reasons.

1. It makes the reader want to read the book again, or whatever.
2. It would be an amazing plot twist that wouldn't be revealed until you read the book.
3. Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the main character would not be described in the book, only spoken of, through first person. This could give the reader the freedom to imagine what they think would be best fitting for the character, and it would be different than anyone else.

I mean, can you even imagine? What if?
_________________________________________________________________________________
And as I looked around me, I noticed that it was all gone. Everything. I had completed my journey, but at what cost? I look up at the sky and see rain drops fall, blurring everything around me, it had been the same sky as it has always been, but it was different, with the glooming clouds wandering over me. It was then I had realized why my journey had ended the way it did.

"There are no more chapters. You said it yourself - we are getting so close, and that was some time ago."

You begin to ask me something. Inside, you're wondering what is happening, right now, in this moment. Can it even be possible? I had been asking myself the same thing too, but I think I always knew.

"Don't ask me how I know, because I don't really know either. But this is how it's supposed to end right? Soon, I'll snowball further down and down, until I hit the back cover. But you always knew that."

I felt the need to sit down, and I sit on the pine oak bench under the tree, with it's fall leaves blooming. Was that there before? I can't remember. Soon it starts to snow, but I hear thunder rolling, and muffled noises. It wasn't regular thunder, it's you. What are you trying to say to me? You sound sad, confused, and conflicted. 

"I'm so sorry. I really am. I had no idea what was going to happen. This has never happened to me before. I'm not really sure what happens when you close the book. Do I stay here, under this tree? Forever? I look up for answers, and snow starts falling, along with the salted rain, but it's not cold where I am, and I'm not getting wet. I just see my world crumple and blur, from your tears. I re think everything, from page one. All the signs had been clear to me now. Then it hits me. The solution.

"That's it. You can go back. If you restart the book, I'll be okay, and so will everyone else. I won't be forced to stay here, on this last page, in the purgatory of the spine and the back cover. The words won't change, I won't change. I can see you all over again, and you can see me."

After some time, the thunder stops, I look at the glooming clouds, and they start to clear up. I take a few steps back, and see you. For the very first time. You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I want to tell you that everything is okay. You seem to know that too, since I see you smile, and for a brief moment, I could imagine what it's like to hold your hand for the very first time. 

"It's okay, you can do it. It's for the best."

And so, for the first time, since my journey has ended, yours has begun. You have to be the hero, and close the book. This way, we can both keep going. I can hear your voice, more clearly than ever, as I wait in the darkness. 

"I'll come back" you say. That was all I needed to hear.

The end.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Wouldn't that be so creepy yet cool? I mean I'm not a writer, so that is probably crap. I'm just tired, and I needed something to do. It's probably a lame idea, but I think it would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment