Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mnmlst

"The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."

I've been out of my mom's house for about 18 months, without a completed room. Why? I'm picky. I want everything, but nothing at all. I've been keeping my closet closed (It's a mirror) and I'm trying my best to keep things off the floor, and off my tables and dresser (I said I tried, it's a work in progress). I like being neat. It does make life easier. I just want it all to go away. If only my closet was extremely big, and I could store everything in there except my bed.

I'm going to paint my room during winter break, and at that time, I want to expunge my things. I"m going to give away half the things in my extremely packed closet, clean out my desk, and put most things out of sight. Even though I want this and that, I just want nothing. I don't need half of the things I own, but I so desperately wanted them at one point in my life. I wish I knew how that worked.

I haven't decided If I wanted to put up my wall decal when it's all painted, and put different paintings, wooded framed photos, etc. on my walls, since my walls are so big, or put only a few big pieces of things in my room. I have so much wall space, and it kills me to have it empty, but I don't so many things. 

It's also very hard to do this when I want to craft all day and every day. (NO not from pinterest of whatever I'm not one of those.)

I think I'm becoming a minimalist. Less is more. I'm going through a weird phase right now, since school is killing me, and I have only been eating one meal a day for the past 16 days now. No, I don't have a disorder, I simply just lack the time and patience to eat. I have too many things due, I don't have time to be stuffing my face. Since my house hasn't had the heater on, not since last winter, I've been in my room with my space heater, and going downstairs for anything is miserable.

My best friend is a minimalist, in my opinion, and less is more for her. She inspires me sometimes just by literally doing nothing. I also wish I knew how that worked. I wish I had enough money to throw away everything and start over, but that's unrealistic.

That being said, I re-signed my lease today. That's right folks, another year with my best friend, and a girl who just lives for fad diets. It's amazing how things have changed in one year. Let's hope for the best this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment