Saturday, November 17, 2012

American Horror Story: Asylum

"We're all going to be together in the dark, watching The Sign of the Cross. A movie full of fire, sex, and the death of Christians. What fun."

There will be slight spoilers, so if you haven't seen any American Horror Story:Asylum episodes, then don't read.

I told myself that I needed a few episodes to air, before I truly decided if I loved it or not.

Let me just start by saying that I simply adored American Horror Story, when it first started last year, in that big mansion, with the ghosts, Tate, Constance, and my beloved Violet. It was weird psychological horror, which I liked. That also caught me, since I don't like scary movies, and I don't like that kind of thing. I never flinched, and I watched it with the rest of the house in full darkness, which is the only way you should be watching that show. I usually watched it by myself, since no one else I knew would watch it with me, or would be too scared. When I heard that same actors/actresses would be used for the next season, with a completely different story, I thought that it would suck, and that I would hate Ryan Murphy for ruining yet another show that I adored. ( I used to be obsessed with Glee, specifically season 1. Now, it's just a bunch of rubbish.)

Let's begin with the pilot. Adam Levine and Jenna Dewan Tatum, having sex in an abandoned asylum from the 60s. Yeah, that's sanitary. Also their dirty talk was just not the business. Maybe that's because I look at sex differently than just plain fucking. Because fucking is fucking, and sex is sex. I'll explain myself later. Anywhore. Their little part just threw me off, but it made sense later. I know the first episode was to set up the rest of the story lines for the season, so I paid close attention. There are aliens, who look similar to the ones on Dr. Who. They poke and prod, and I don't like that all, mainly because I don't want anyone to poke and prod me (I still haven't been to the "woman doctor" so don't judge.)
I would also like to say that I am currently watching this right now, so I may be distracted. Then, my Tate Langdon has dark hair, is now a young adult of 1964, not my little Kurt Kobain punk rock serial killer. He is also in an interracial relationship, which was super presh. He also looks so good this season, I swear Evan Peters is the bane of my existence. Life ruiner. Anyways. Constance is now a cray nun. My Zachary quinto is the "doctor" and there is some other creepy one. The asylum seems bent, and it also does not look sanitary. Also, Bloodyface. There is a killer of women who kills, then eats them. Socially unacceptable. I wasn't sure at this point if I wanted to watch this. It didn't have the effect that I thought it would. My Tate was also being tortured this season, instead of being tortured. Interesing. At first, I thought I wouldn't get used to the different characters/same actors, but I realized that truly good actors and actresses make you forget about their other characters that they've played. After the second episode, I forgot all about the first season, because I was so wrapped into it.

After a few episodes, I found myself hooked. That annoying psychic from the first season is now some nosy annoying writer, who is a lesbian, which back then was socially unacceptable. But whatever. It  started getting better, and I found myself flinching at certain things, because anyblood that is associated with the eyes or neck, I can't even handle. The show has Nazi story lines, exorcisms, and it is totally ridiculous. But, I can't. Stop. Watching.

I can't wait to see what holds in the future episodes. However, if the show turns to shit, then I'll stop. I don't have time for bullshit these days. There are other things to be watching, homework to be doing, people to be seeing.

I wish I knew why, but I can't even give a good explanation as to why. Sorry to dissappoint. I just wanted to go over the first episode. Just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment