Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fall in love with Fall.

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."


Fall is simply my favorite time, next to spring. I love the colors that the leaves change, and I love the hues of orange and red everything is. It's the time where you can drive with the window rolled down, with that calming breeze in the air (unless you live where I live where most days the wind is relentless.) I love waking up and drinking hot coffee (because I only drink hot coffee when the weather permits it), and wearing shorts with tights. That is my favorite thing to wear, and if I could, I would wear it everyday. I love scarves, and during the fall, I wear one almost everyday. Everyday.

This morning, it was quite foggy outside, which put me in a happy mood. I love the fog. I love the feel, the look, just everything. It also reminds me of Harry Potter, where the dementors come, and every aspect of happiness is drained. I know that completely contradicts my love for fall, but I love the thrill of things like that, so I also like to look at my happiness as warding off the dementors. Moving on.

Another reason why I love fall, is simply because really great things seem to happen to me during the fall. In the fall, two of my siblings were born, I've met some really cool people, and I find myself just constantly being happy. Also during the fall season, I feel like school goes by so much faster, since there are so many breaks and what not.

One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving. I love eating, and this holiday centers around food. So naturally, I love it. Mashed potatoes and pie and cookies and just food. Delicious. I also love how either though I don't have the best relationship with anyone in my family, except for my 2 year old brother, we can just shove everything under the rug so we can eat and relax together (did you catch my dash of sarcasm there?) But in all honesty, I do love it. I've had great memories concerning this holiday, including moving into my home, watching whatever kid's movie is in theaters with my best friend, and the smell of fall in the air.

I also love driving around during Thanksgiving. Everyone is cooped up inside, and the roads are empty and quiet. It's one of my favorite things. I don't usually black friday shop, but I do work in retail, so just go home, sleep, and relax, to prepare myself for the next day.

However, I do dislike winter, so I try to hold on to fall as much as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment