Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lollapalooza 2012 Part 1


"For three days this summer, people will come to Chicago to witness musical history in real time."


I think the first time around, I never got a chance to go into my Lolla adventure. I've been reminiscent toward the trip lately, and I just want to go back and never come back. It was so much fun. I'm going to tell you about my first experience at a music festival. Bear with me, I'm no pro at this, but I learned a lot of things that weekend. If you don't want to hear about my adventures, then simply don't read it. I don't want to hear you gripe about it later. I'm going to do this into three parts, since I want to go into detail.

 I remember walking while taking this photo because I was too excited, but this was the first thing that happened. So, the adventure begins.

First, we kind of just wandered, to take it all in. The atmosphere, the people, everything. It was also very hot, so we first spotted out water locations, thanks to the app. Next, we decided to play a game. Point out the people who were inappropriately dressed for Lollapalooza. I get it, you want to look cute, but wedge shoes, a maxi dress, with a sheer long sleeve shirt, makeup and hair done, and pursed lips, when it's extremely hot and humid outside? Cute, but not cute. If I wanted, I could've looked way better, but I opted with shorts, tank tops, my hair up, and vans. It worked out in my favor. Then we ended up at Anamanaguchi, where we stayed for five minutes, then wandered off to the Perry sound stage, where we watched the last five minutes of the White Panda. They played Call Me Maybe and it was just fun to watch everyone belt it out.

This was the fountain in the middle of Grant Park. We told each other that if we got lost, to go this fountain. We never got lost, but the wind passing through would cool us down. Plus, it's just really pretty.

Next, we went to get good seats to Dr. Dog, but we decided to watch some Yellow Ostrich, since the stages were next to each other. Someone proposed on stage. Personally, I would hate that kind of shit, but I love watching it. For the sake of everyone, thank goodness she said yes. It was sweet and made everyone in a slightly better mood. (The heat was bringing us down).

Dr. Dog. I had never heard of them, but my friend did, and she was the one who decided we should see them, so my other friend and I agreed. They were really good, and we got fairly good seats. (There were no seats, but that's all I can think of haha) I had a really good photo, but I'm in it, and I'm not about to show my face.


Afterwards, we watched The War on Drugs, then we got super hungry, and buying food at festivals is ridiculous, since it's over priced. But, we were in Chicago, so we just left and went to some asian place and ate at the condo. It was way better. We even put our shorts in the freezer (don't judge) and later, we realized it was the best decision we've ever made.

While waiting for M83, we walked through the Die Antwoord crowd. They were weird, but people seemed to really like it. I remembered that I was supposed to buy one of their shirts for Juan, because he's a freak and likes them too. So I did, and bought myself a tank top that I wish I would've bought in a neutral color since wearing bright green now would be weird.




M83. We started out in the back, and shimmied our way up. We ended up closer, but for the fear of dropping or losing my phone, I had put it up by then. They were easily my favorite set of that day. They played two of my favorite songs, and they were worth the wait. (They were 25 minutes late.)





I remember that there was a slot of time where we didn't have anyone we really wanted to see, and everyone seemed to be having a good time at Porter Robinson, so we went. It was pretty much a rave, but it was a good people watcher concert, and it was fun to be silly with my friends.

We also saw the Shins, and walked by DEV and sang along to that song that was on the radio. We also saw Passion Pit, whom I love. The crowd for Passion Pit was kind of rowdy, so we didn't get too far in, because we wanted to leave early anyways to see the Black Keys.

Well, you can't tell, but this was the Black Keys. They were so good, it was insane. The screens around them had these cool lights and patterns, but my phone captured this. You win some, you lose some.



Well, since both of my friends had seen the Black Keys live before, we decided that the last thirty minutes we were going to venture. So Black Sabbath or Bassnectar? I had no preference for either, since I wanted to stay at the Black Keys. But, Bassnectar was closer, and closer to where were were staying, since Black Sabbath was on the other side of the park. So Bassnectar it was. Another rave, filled with people sluttin it up, and all of our sweat meshed into one. Gross, I know, but kind of awesome. It was the nastiest I had felt since my mother birthed me in her juices. Yes, I phrased it that way so you can have a sense of how gross I felt. Some guys kept trying to dance with me, and by dance I mean rub their dick all over me, well guess what idiots? I had a small backpack on, so I hope you and my phone really hit it off. I also took a few pictures with some people, bc they kind of trapped me. Awkward. The lights were so amazing though and the atmosphere was truly one of a kind. I don't think I would ever go to one of these shows voluntarily, but this was a good experience.

After the first day, when we were walking back, we saw this guy just taking a snooze by a pole. I got really close to him and didn't even flinch. I asked him if he was okay, and he just smiled, with his eyes closed, and finally after a substantial amount of time, said he was okay. I took a photo because I knew he wouldn't notice. He had a ruff day.
Afterwards, we ate dinner at some fancy restaurant so my friend could eat with her boo thang. The streets turned into a big party, and It was super cool. I remember afterwards my friends, and my friend's brother and his friends were all exhausted and we ate like pigs while we all took turns showering. Day 1 was a complete success.



No comments:

Post a Comment