Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lack of opinion, lack of mind.

"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."

Something just came upon me today, while I was at work, waiting for customers to stop ogling at the food, and finally just choose one. People may annoy me with their opinions, but people who have no opinions annoy me even more. There are a few statements I've heard lately that have been pushing my buttons. Let me explain.

Statement 1: "I wish they could let people who don't know anything about politics not vote."
Statement 2: "I don't give a fuck who wins the election, we're all fucked anyways."

Let's just start with those two, for now, so that you can all move on with your lives, instead of just reading my post for days.

Statement 1: THE ELECTION IS OVER. Got it? Like really, it's over. ALSO. If they did that, no one would be able to vote. Why? Because everyone is biased. You can't expect a Democrat to know everything, and if he or she did, it's impossible, because his or her beliefs stand in the way of truth. It's hard to be unbiased on anything these days. Also, the people who have been telling me these things don't know much either. I'm not saying I know much, but I know that I myself is biased, when I shouldn't be. But I'm young, and I'll learn the hard way. It's the only way I get things ingrained in my mind, ask my mother.

Statement 2: Again, THE ELECTION IS OVER. SOMEONE ALREADY WON THE ELECTION. People who are literally too stupid to realize that the election is over, there is no such thing as the first lady debate, etc. BLOW MY MIND APART. Also, I love the optimism in the fact that we're all fucked. Yeah, we're all fucked, but some of us want it to be enjoyable you know? Also, if you're going to be ungrateful to live in a country, where you have freedom, and the opportunity to make something of yourselves and voice your non existent opinions, then kindly get the fuck out. There are millions of people everywhere who would love to live your privileged little life.

I could go on for days on those two subjects, but I'm trying my best to not sound ignorant. I know that I know about 1% of things that are to be learned in this world. I know that everything I believe in now could be everything I'm against in the future. I know these things, I just wish that people my age weren't so naive and stupid. I wish they were open to the world around them, and break free from what they were taught to know. A world filled with individual opinions is better than a world divided apart from fixed opinions. I know I'm being dramatic, but oh well.

Moving on. People with no opinion whatsoever. 

"I don't care."
"LOL at people with opinions."

Okay first of all, who still uses LOL. Like really, I only use it sarcastically. I don't lol in real life, so I don't use it. I also only use variations to be even more sarcastic, which includes "lul" or "lolol" if you are not 16 or younger and still use this, please, look at your life, or just kindly don't text me that anymore. Second, how can you not have an opinion? About anything? You will follow to anything or anyone? If Big Brother happened to be our leader tomorrow, you would be okay with that? Let's get real here. I don't give a flying fuck about a lot of things in life. That is to purely make my life easier, since I've realized that 90% of the world are stupid, ignorant fucks. But really? You have no opinion on anything at all, human rights, foreign policy, drugs, anything? It blows my mind. I have an opinion on everything. I don't say them out loud, since there is a time and place for everything. I can't even put into words how I feel about people with no opinions. I've been staring at this paragraph for 20 minutes now. I just can't do it.

I would go on the subject of trolls, but I should be sleeping, so I can get ready for my long day at work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment