Thursday, November 15, 2012

Do more of what makes you happy.



  1. Wake up in a positive mood, have a sweet breakfast, and listen to music that wakes you up. (My choice this morning was Taking Back Sunday, since I enjoy closing my eyes and pretending I'm 15 again, when music really made me feel something.)
  2. Treat yourself. I can't stress this enough. If you wait your whole life waiting for someone to make you happy, you might never achieve it. Make personal goals, save some money, and buy something you really want. (I saved 10% of my checks each week and did well on three tests, and bought myself Aldo boots. TREAT YO SELF)
  3. If it's nice outside, don't be cooped up inside all day. It's hard to do sometimes, I can tell you that, I am always on the internet. It's times like this where I am thankful for my little balcony. I'll make a glass of tea, bring my ipod and a book, and sit outside. Or I'll go the park and talk a little walk and try to get as close as possible to the ducks.
  4. Assume people have good intentions. I know this is also hard to do, since I mostly like my people like I like my newborn infants: quiet. But if y ou walk around thinking about why or why not someone is doing this, mainly to makes your miserable, you will be miserable. If you look at the same situation in a positive light, no matter if it's true or not, you will feel better about yourself.
  5. Eat something that you want. A greasy burger, half of a pie, ice cream, etc. Don't worry about how it was made, how much you'll need to work it off, etc. If you want to be healthy, at least try it once a week. It's rewarding, and so delicious.
These may just be my opinions, but being happy is ultimately up to yourself. I've decided to post this because I've been in a shitty mood lately, and I don't want to ruin my own weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment