Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Let's just get this over with.

What a week I've had. I was so close to getting the grades I wanted, but didn't. I've accepted them, and have since moved on. I'm not done with Christmas shopping, and I don't know what to get a few people in my family. I'm kind of over the holidays. Call me a grinch, but I just want everything to be back to normal, without all this holiday hooplah. I'm kind of delirious because I'm hungry, but it's too late to eat, AND I don't have work until 10 a.m., so I'm gonna stay up late.But anyways, I had four days to spend with my boy, and oh goodness it was an adventure. Let's just get this over with.

By that, I mean the thing I have been dreading since I even thought about dating in high school. Meeting the parents. Mhmm, that's right. That's what I did during my Saturday afternoon. A few days before, I had told my parents that they were meeting him. They seem willing, but more curious. Let it be known that my parents are two of the most judgemental people you will ever meet. To anyone who knows my sweet, sweet mother, you don't know her. Behind closed doors, she is nothing compared to the smiling woman at the front. Moving on.

I freaked out, more than him, because
1. I had never done this before, or had gone through with something like this.
2. I was and still are not too close to my parents, and as a child, I wanted them out of my social life as much as possible.
3. I know my parents act different in front of people.
4. They are extremely conservative, and I am a liberal.
So, he dressed overly nice, in an argyle sweater, with a collared shirt underneath. (I hate argyle.) I told him what to wear, and he didn't. Because listening to me is just so hard. (okay side story, I told him I wanted to drink, and to get a coke, since he had liquor in his house, and he came out with beer, which I cannot drink. EARS, use them please.)I brought cupcakes, which I did not eat for various reasons, mainly because I am sick of them. They talked a little while I just sat in the middle in silence. My mom kept saying embarrassing things about me, and she kept giving me those looks. You know, those looks that say "I'm on to you, don't you try to hide something from me." It was scary. She kept asking him questions I knew he had to lie to, which made him uncomfortable. We both knew if that if my parents knew that he wasn't a devout catholic, and that he stayed the night (It's possible to not have sex when this happens okay, hold your horses), they would not approve. Anyways, it went well, according to them. I just wanted it to be over.

Next, my dad. Oh, my lovable father, who I am in denial that he is a compulsive liar. I love him, but we don't necessarily get along. I mean, it's hard to when someone calls you stupid for voting for one candidate, while he believes that the other candidate has said some spoken word or some shit. Anyways. He wan't even there when we got there, I don't know why I expected him to actually be on time, and you know, care. The house was a mess, with toys everywhere. I'm just thankful my brother decided to not be in his boxers all day, and he put on clothes. We sat in the living room, and played with my two year old brother, since all my other siblings were too shy. I also brought cupcakes, but everyone just avoided me like the plague. Anyways, eventually my dad came back, and he just asked those questions, that pretty much say "you're not good enough. I'm going to get real nosy, you better answer them right, or i'll judge the shit out of you." Well, he answered them well, and thank the good Lord my siblings were there to distract me. I basically just loved on my brother, and played games on the iPad with him. Then it got awkward because literally while I was speaking he just got up and left. He didn't even listen to a word I said to him. So he played with my brother some more, which made my brother so happy, that someone was playing with him. It was also super cute, and I died a little. Eventually, I made an excuse to leave, since I hadn't eaten all day and it was 5 p.m. I felt relived, less stressed, and I was instantly in a better mood, after I ate some Cane's.

The next day we went to the museum that's super close to his university, and we saw some pretty cool things, and I learned a lot about my boring old state that I never before. I also returned my textbooks, and I'm starting to expunge my room of unnecessary items. He also fixed my guitar amp, so I can hold off on buying a new one. I am just so happy with life right now. And hungry, my god I am always so hungry these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment