Monday, December 10, 2012

Finals week.


It's finals week, and cheers to the worst semester of my college career. I took on way too much than I could handle, and I will probably not have a year like I did last year. My sophomore year I cruised through school with excellent grades, with little or no effort. But this year, I put in my all, and I'm barely making the grades I need, let alone want. I need to basically make a 100 on all my finals, but seeing how I made a 65 on my first one today, that's not happening. I guess I would do better if I wasn't constantly on Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, or even here. I have more Tumblrs than necessary, but I can't help it. I just went and deleted like three of them. Anyways. I can't wait for these next few years to fly by, so that I can graduate already, start graduate school, and start a new chapter of my life. Because now I feel like my life is like a book series that went on to book 5 or 7 when it should've ended three books ago, and now to egg it on more, they are making a movie of my life, in two parts so people can watch it suffer in it's shameless fame. I just need something new. New job, new car, new friends, new everything.


The weather is quite cold now, but I still refuse to pull out my winter coat. Why? Because I don't like bulky things, and my winter coat can be quite bulky. So today, when it was 21 degrees outside, I opted with a zip up hoodie and a scarf. No regrets.

The one thing I like about winter though is the various drinks I can drink. I am craving to go to this cute tea place across from work and study and drink a caramel macchiato in one of their booths, but I don't like going alone, and I need to save money. So, here I am. upstairs in my cave, in a soft pullover and sweatpants. 

I got my ears pierced a few days ago, I know I'm like 10 years too late, but whatevs. I finally got them pierced on the third venture. The first one, I went to Claire's with a friend, and noticed something. Number one, I am not 10, so I will not succumb to that jewelry. Number two. They use a gun, and even though the needle is sterilized, the residue in the gun isn't. So essentially so many people's blood passes through your ears, oh but on a clean needle, so no worries. No thank you. The second time, I drove all the way out into the city, and didn't have my license. Drove back. Couldn't find it. Drove to work. Couldn't find the little bastard. I gave up, and went home, and found the fucker under some clothes in my laundry. I was so mad at myself I couldn't even handle it. I had left my boyfriend's early on my day off so I could get my ears pierced, and I basically wasted a Sunday. Alone. The third try, I finally got it.

I went to a place downtown where I used to live - a place where my mother never to go again, but hey, she wasn't around and I pay my bills, so I went with my friend. I paid way too much for this simple task, but it was better than Walmart or Claire's. I was so desperate for a discount, they made me check in on Facebook so I could save a few bucks. What a scam. I would've deleted it afterwards, but 20 people had liked it, so I figured, why not, that's the most I've gotten on anything. One day, if I haven't gotten a federal job yet, I'm going to go and get my ears stretched. Just a little. But until then, I'm going to go on Etsy in a month or so, and go on an earring spree. My roommate offered to buy me hoops, but I'm not a hoops girl like she is, so I politely declined.

I've become quiet, calm, and collected these past few days, and haven't given the slightest fuck about anything. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm still positive that something good will benefit from all of this hoopla in my life right now.

I have so many drafted posts that I haven't had the energy to finish, like my rant on sex, and my Lollapalooza Pt. 2 posts. Oops.




No comments:

Post a Comment