Thursday, August 1, 2013

I love you to the moon and back.



Well I don't care too much for anniversaries, but the firsts ones are always important. I also love crafting for almost any occasion.
I decided to make his gifts only, except for the picture frame obvs, and it turned out really well.

I made a homemade card. I always thought those were better than any in the store.

I made him a journal of our "firsts" along with other things, like quotes, movie stubs, and pictures that he thought I deleted (mainly embarassing photos of him). Not only will he enjoy it, it was fun for me to make as well.


However, the main event, was the mason jar full of surprises that I thought of on the way to work on Monday.

A jar full of little things, like "I'll buy dinner" and things like that. I also put that he is a butt sometimes. And other phrases.


Once I finished that, I used transfer letters and transferred a phrase (I love you to the moon and
back) on the jar. It was tedious and took some time, but scotch tape is a big help.

Then, I did the same thing, on the top, with minimal instructions. 

I also took some ribbon I had lying around and tied it around the jar. I figure he can use it to put his spare change in once he's done with the surprises. 

I think the best thing is that these gifts give you the freedom to pretty much do what you want. 

I am totally satisfied with the results. I would post them on my other blog for everyone to see, but he follows me on those, so that probably wouldn't be ideal. I'll have to wait until Monday, when he gets to see them.

I  generally hate all things cheesy, but these were really fun to make, and the fact that I didn't have to go on pinterest or whatever to create these really gave me some hope on my crafting future.


If you have any other cool ideas, let me know; I love crafting, especially if it's for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment