Thursday, April 11, 2013

April obsessions.

This is my busiest month of the semester, with all my projects, tests, etc. coming upon me this month. I have at least 2 tests and 2 quizzes each week, not including all the papers. For all of you that haven't quite made it to college, here's my advice to you: Don't slack off in the beginning, because in the end, you will have to catch up and taking 19 hours per semester for 2 years isn't the bees knees.

But, one thing that keeps me partially sane is usually shopping, blogging, and music. Since I am extremely broke, and saving for my Hong Kong trip (which I will be blogging everyday for), I decided that music was my next best option. I have currently blocked UO.com, society6, and tobi.com.
I will open those up again in the beginning of May, when my birthday comes :)

So, here are my current music obsessions.

The 20/20 Experience//Justin Timberlake:I have loved JT since I was little, obviously, because which 90s kid didn't. But, I was never too happy with any of his albums. I always liked a few, but not all. This album however, exceeded all expectations. I never listen to radio music, but I occasionally will turn it on in hopes of his songs being on there. But then I caved and bought the album, so that solved that problem.
Favorite Song: Mirrors. This song is catchy, and it is very sweet. After watching the video, I wanted to die. First off, it's dedicated to his grandparents. Also the passing of the ring was my favorite part. It's so precious, and obviously referring to his marriage with Jessica Biel. They are just so in love and precious, it makes me want to die.



Era Extraña//Neon Indian: I remember that I had vaguely heard of them in the past, and I recognized some of their songs. However, after seeing them live at Lollapalooza (which I just remembered I never finished posting those. The photos are just lost in my computer that's why) I fell in love with them. First off, they are nice guys who just love to perform.   I remember how sad they were that their performance got cut short because of the rain. Since I've been weeping over the fact that I can't go, I started listening to this album again, and it is just so good.
Favorite Song: Polish Girl. The song makes me so happy, and it makes me want to have impromptu dance parties in my room. I love  listening to it anywhere, and it instantly puts me in a better mood, and it makes me think of Lolla. They have a little different sound to them, which I like.

My Head is An Animal//Of Monsters and Men: I saw them at Lollapalooza too, and they have that indie, but happy feel to them. I was slightly displeased when Little Talks made it to the radio, because then the little hipster want to be's appear, and I don't like dealing with them. However, their music is too good, and definitely going to be one of the first vinyls I buy (When I get a turntable one of these days).


Favorite Song: Little Talks. It's really hard for me, because I love all the songs on this album, but the video for Little Talks makes me love that song even more. The whole video is giant mindfuck. I mean for starters the director's name is WeWereMonkeys. C'mon now. Also the realistically paper cut out of the band was too cool for me. It basically shows them going on a trippy adventure. But when was the last time you saw an interesting music video that wasn't just singing, dance moves, and overly sexualized individuals?

So, with that being said, my current obsession is music, music videos, and making .gif sets of each video. If you want to see those, you can refer back to my tumblr. Just leave a comment with yours, and I will follow you, and you can follow back if you think that's cool. (I'm not really shamelessly promoting here right? I mean none of you, except 1 person knows who I am.) 

Oh, I'm also loving how music videos are finally coming back. By that, I mean non-crappy ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment